Initial Assessment Supports Your Integration to the Finnish Society
Are you living in the Tampere City Region, and you are planning to stay in Finland? We can help to make your settling here easier, so you can feel more at home in Tampere. This may be just that stepping stone to Finnish society you needed.
The initial assessment is meant to help you find the services you need to support your integration. The service is for residents of Tampere City Region, who have lived in Finland for less than 3 years and are not customers of TE Services. The Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Services) conducts the initial assessment for people who are unemployed jobseekers.
You can ask for the initial assessment from Multilingual info Mainio, if you are for example, a student or stay at home parent.
The initial assessment evaluates
- your education
- your work experience
- your language skills
- other things that are involved in living in Finland.
This service is for you if:
- you have lived in Finland less than 3 years
- you are a resident of the Tampere City Region
- you are not a customers of TE services (unemployed jobseeker)
- you are ideally at the beginning of your studies, or you are planning to start looking for work
How the process goes:
1. First, we will ask for enrollment with background information, and check if your status is supported for this service by the requirements of the integration law.
2. We will arrange an interview with you. Before the appointment, you can fill our form so that there’s more time for open discussion, but you can complete the form with our interviewer during the interview.
3. Then we identify your needs and goals on integration. Things that you have brought up in the interview and things that you have filled in the form both will be taken into deeper observation.
4. After which we will contact you with recommendations on measures promoting services, skills and/or training needed.
5. We can offer you free services based on your needs such as:
- Suggestions on Finnish language trainings
- Employment services
- Startup networks & events
- Other integration services and networks
6. After the service is given, we kindly ask for your feedback by e-form in which you can also tell us if there’s any other matters that we could help you with to support your integration.
Please register to this service by filling the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
The Initial Assessments are fully booked until the end of the Year 2022. However, you can already register for the service for the Year 2023, but it may take some time before you will be contacted after your registration.